Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'M NERVOUS


So, Matthias and I went to the American Embassy today... it was a daunting place. They took all our things and just gave us badges to go in. I asked about how I could extend my visa since it was expired. They said that if I'm already illegal I'm supposed to leave and there is a tiny possibility that one foreign office will extend but they advised me to send a convoy in for me just in case they wanted to deport me! So, Matthias was my convoy and there was nothing the office could do. They told him that I'm not Spain's top priority since I'm from the states but they have to tell me that I'm supposed to leave. 
  I'm really scared but I've come this far and at this point really want to see Italy. So, we're going to try to take a 10pm ferry to Rome tonight. I will either be in Rome in the morning or if the police catch me... I'll be in the states in a few days.... unless they detain me in order to get me expelled from Spain... the embassy gave me paperwork saying they could detain me for up to 40 days before sending me home, but the lady at the foreign office said I shouldn't have a problem. Interesting stuff. 

Wish me luck, seriously. P.S. I'm on a really tight budget and only spent 6 euros on food today! I'm keeping track of all my expenses. P.S. It's getting cold here so today I had to throw out my sandals and buy boots... they are much warmer and more comfy. Here's a pic of this mornings breakfast at the hostel (note: these are pieces of melba toast... trust me... free things taste great) Cool, talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment