Monday, August 10, 2009

San Sebastian Days Three and four!



8/6/09 It wasn't sunny out today so 8 of us from the hostel decided to rent bikes for 4 hours and ride around San Sebastian. I'm so glad we did this! It was a perfect and cheap (12 euro) way to see a lot of the area. We visited some sculptures and couldn't believe how big the waves were!
We got some kebobs for lunch (they're sort of like pita pockets) and headed back to the hostel to rest a bit before hitting the town at night. The people who didn't go biking played volleyball.. so it was a pretty active day for all... when night fell people decided to stay in but I wasn't tired so I went to the beach  for a walk and to draw and write until about 1am. It was relaxing... a very, very chill day at San Sebastian.
8/7/09 Another not pretty day out... so we slept late and made some sandwiches from groceries we bought. I hung out with a girl that works at the hostel and a guy named Christian. He's from England and drove all the way to San Sebastian. He's traveling alone, perhaps we'll meet again. It's nice to have friends. Jodi and I decided to walk to Jesus and around Old Town. Jesus (a large statue) on top of a big hill was about a 30 minute hike. We're not incredibly religious so we also took silly pics and enjoyed the hike in itself. At night time we had a pretty crazy night out. Somehow I became the tour guide (bad idea) and went into some not awesome bars before finding some good ones. I tried to keep the 30 or so of us together but it didn't work out. Jodi and I got split up but we both had a great time. I got a bloody lip... a fight happened right in front of me and I got elbowed (nice, just my luck). Luckily, having boxed... I'm not fazed so the night went on. My group went to the beach afterwards and hung out... we got in at 6am! Jodi and I left for our bus to Madrid at 10am.... I slept on the bus! San Sebastian was great!

Hugh, from Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment