Thursday, September 10, 2009

9/7-9/10 Quinta

What a crazy 3 days! Daniela and Frank went away to Spain and left Matt and I in charge of the Quinta. Before they left they gave us some tips and tricks but mainly we were flying by the seats of our pants. We did all of the cooking and managed the bills, bookings and phone calls on top of our normal work, my promoting a yoga weekend at the Quinta in October, and Matt building a rock wall and watering of the grounds. We got a 30 minute break each day, with one of us always covering the phones. Initially I was terrified of cooking because each person was paying nearing 35 dollars American for their meal! But the guests said we did an excellent job and that the food couldn't have been lovelier. Thank God! 

Today is finally a day off but Daniela's 6 year old daughter returned from Northern Portugal and I'm teaching her to read English. She is incredibly smart. I think I already mentioned but she's fluent in German, Portuguese and English. Insane! Ok, well it's almost lunch time so write later!

No comments:

Post a Comment