Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tarifa was so hot, hot, hot!!!


Click on the picture to get it larger!!!!!!!











Hi everyone,

  So Tarifa is really pretty. Maria and her friends rented an apartment where we could walk to the beach and see Africa (Morocco) from our door 
 basically. It was super windy so we ate a lot of sand but other than that the beach was perfect. I had to wear 50 spf sunblock (Erin this should make you happy) but I still got a little tanner! Maria's friends were so nice and one spoke English. The others and I just smiled at each other but developed a nice dynamic even without English. They share everything, like for example, after a long day at the beach I was struggling to get my towel on like a dress. Maria's friend took out this beautiful cloth from her purse and within 15 seconds she made it into a beautiful dress and tied it on me. It was a beautiful thing. We went out for a few hours on Saturday night but mostly it was really smoking in the bars (I hate it!) and I was tired from all of the sun. Last night Maria and her friends went out until 6am. I stayed home watching Spanish television and was happy as a clam!! I needed a night in, alone to rest, recoop and be with myself. I got to read a little bit and make my own hamburger! It was nice. Today We got my bus ticket from Tarifa to Seville to pick up Jodi. They were ridiculously late opening the station (typical Spanish I hear) but I got my ticket by 230pm and was able to spend a couple hours on the beach before leaving to meet Jodi. We ate sandwiches on the beach before I left (pepperoni and cheese on french bread) and I was off. I met a Romanian Circus tiger/Cougar trainer. So random. We spoke a little English but mostly we drew pictures to communicate. He somehow told me that we were stopping at one stop for 15 minutes and asked me to coffee- I said "sure". In retrospect, that would have been bad if we got off the bus and it wasn't really a stop break... duly noted!

I was SOOO happy to see Jodi it was crazy! I could speak as fast as I wanted and I have now realized the importance of being understood- we take it for granted. So all you married folks out there, remember that! Jodi and I walked a bit around Sevilla and now we're ready for sleep.. first here are pics! P.S. THANKS FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES! My birthday was different that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment