Saturday, July 25, 2009

7/24/09 WHAT A DAY! SHOPPING AND TRAVELING TO SEVILLE




Today was good and bad.... good because I went shopping alone and knew enough Spanish to buy things, etc. . . bad because I got lost on the way back to Maria's. I asked a taxi driver and he didn't speak any English so I wrote her street down on paper... he pointed a lot and when I thought I knew what he meant I realized that I was super lost. I then asked an old man how to get to the street. He didn't know any English but he walked me all the way home!!! Thank God for this man. Maria and I just made our train from Madrid to Seville... Maria thought I was just buying a lot of things... in actuality I was lost for 1.5 hours! So, if that wasn't bad enough.. I ate a bad sandwich on the train... I got really sick here in Seville and it's too bad because Maria's parents took us to a Feria (Spanish Flamenco festival). But I feel better now, especially after a great shower.. tomorrow - Tuesday I'll be out of radio contact because I'll be at the beach in Tarifa. Write soon!

P.S. Happy birthday to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment