Wednesday, July 29, 2009

7/28/09 Walking around Sevilla and meeting funny Americans!



Jodi and I might have slept until 2pm today.. it's what we're supposed to do... I guess... :) Anyway, by 4pm we thought it was safe to go outside. I'm not going to lie it was brutal for the first hour (106 degrees) but we jumped on an hour long boat tour and that was much better! We went up and down the river and saw cool bridges and landmarks. For a snack we sat at a cool spot along the river and had sangria and what we thought was going to be fish nuggets- bad translation apparently.  We tried to ask the waiter what they had for fruit but he couldn't speak English and couldn't find the right words in my Spanish book. What an experience. Afterwards we went to Maria's and hung out until about 1am and then we went out. We ended up meeting some funny, funny Americans which was SO exciting to me (as I hadn't met any yet). One was conveniently named Steve... he reminded me of Steve-O, another was Matt and he was more of a Jack Black character... there was also Shane and Blake. They should all do stand up comedy because they made us all laugh so hard. We ended up staying out until 7am and we only had a coulpe of drinks... it was great entertainment. They were supposed to leave on a 630am flight but they missed it... they said they would pay our tickets to go to Valencia with them... it was tempting... I mean a free flight but we had plans to see the Cathedral of Seville with Maria and her parents in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment