Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Graduate School trip- Day Two


March 3rd, 2009

     3:30 a.m. bus ride from Portland to Boston- that was rough! I’m still not convinced about the glory of these neck pillows, by the way. You know, the ones that look like toilet seats or hemorrhoid cushions. Everyone has them though, so I’m rocking it. I got a free donut and orange juice on the bus, sweet, free breakfast. Arrived at 5:30 a.m. 

6:15 a.m. Flight from Boston to NYC. Quickest flight ever.

9:00 a.m.  NYC Craziness pursues.  After waiting for the flight crew to saunter into the gate at 930 and then a fuel pump breaking on the plane, I thought the worst was over.  As I admired an amazing pair of knee high blue boots… I heard one of those nasty yapper dogs. The lady with the sweet boots was dragging the poor (and ugly) thing behind her like a rag doll. Little did I know she would turn into a psycho lady on the plane. She refused to get off her cell and store the stupid dog under the seat. She got booted, we all clapped and we were off.

12:45 Chicago Interview. It went ok. I don't think I like Chicago. I'm probably just cranky. Too much crazy traveling. I spent my first $4.75 on food. Up til now I ate the two PB & J sandwiches that I packed and brought a sig for water. It was a cool deli called Brians. Turkey sandwich 3.75 & a piece of baclavah for $1.00- totally worth it.

8pm Arrive in Denver, Co... Hostel by 10pm (took the bus). I'm rooming with a cool South African woman. We're hanging out tomorrow.

GOODNIGHT. SO TIRED.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment